Undergrad in India or Abroad
If parents could grow their IQ each time they got worried about their children, most of them would leave behind Einstein!!
As soon as children cross Middle School, looking for the right answers/ choices becomes a daily ritual for parents. The process starts with which stream to choose, what career choices to make, whether to take Math or a foreign language, which colleges to apply to, and ultimately study in India or Abroad. And when it comes to UG, the most common questions on every parent’s and student’s mind are –
One question adds to another, making the list endless. CBSE and ICSE/ISC are the top 2 Boards in India through which students appear for their class 12th. In 2019 alone, 12,05,484 students appeared for the class XII CBSE board and 86,713 students appeared for the ICSE Board. Both boards put together there were more than 12.9 lac students.
As I blogged on this in April 2020, the number of students in XII, both boards put together is close to (.10%) of the total population of the country. The number (.10) looks minuscule but ask a statistician. The number is humongous.
Did you know, besides CBSE/ICSE/IB Boards there are many other State Boards through which students can appear for the class XII Exam –
- UP Board – Board of High School and Intermediate Education Uttar Pradesh
- JKBOSE – Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education
- RBSE – Board of Secondary Education Rajasthan
- HPBOSE – Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education
- MPBSE – Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education
- CGBSE – Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education
- PSEB – Punjab School Education Board
- BSEH – Haryana Board of School Education (HBSE)
- NIOS – National Institute of Open Schooling
- BSEB – Bihar School Examination Board
- GSEB – Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board
- MSBSHSE – Maharashtra State Board Of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education
- BIEAP – Andhra Pradesh Board of Intermediate Education
- BSEAP – Andhra Pradesh Board of Secondary Education
- WBBSE – West Bengal Board of Secondary Education
- WBCHSE – West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education
The entire class XII student community has just one common thought the entire Year, 12 Months, 365 days, 8760 hours, 5,25,600 minutes, and 31,536,000 seconds.
A peek-a-boo into some prestigious Indian Universities for Undergraduate Courses:
- Delhi University
With 2,58,388 applications coming in from different States and Countries for a total of 62,000 seats (year 2019) it is one the most popular names among the students applying for undergraduate courses. Some well-known brands like the LSR, the SRCC, and the St Stephens are a part of it.
- The IITs, IIITs and NITs
As of 2020, the total number of seats for the UG Programmes in these 23 IITs is 11,279. 25 IIITs out of 24 operating with 4023 And 31 NITs with 17967 seats. According to NTA, there were 9,21,261 registrations for Paper 1 and 1,38,409 for Paper 2 (January session) that were raised for just 78 colleges with 33,269 seats. The numbers are intimidating enough to shatter the confidence of a 17-year-old!
A total of 15,93,452 lakh candidates have applied for the NEET 2020 across India. With ~66-67K seats in total for MBBS 26,790 for BDS and 1,107 seats under AIIMS. In 2019, there were more than 15 lakh candidates for the exam which is a 14.52 percent rise from NEET 2018.
- International Education
Considering these figures looks like International Education can be a savior for our students, but wait, why only a savior, it could be a savior with perks like exposure, diverse learning, friendships across the globe, Permanent Residencies, and many more. When considering education overseas, the start points as I referred to before have to be the 3Cs – Course, Country, and Cost. The answer lies in a profile evaluation done by an Expert who then helps build the student’s profile, and initiates the complete application process thereby highly increasing the chances of scholarships.
What is this profile evaluation?
Simply told, it’s the story of a person on certain set parameters like –
- Academics – IX, X, XI and XII scores
- ECA – Extracurricular activities like Sports, Music, Theatre, Debates, MUN’s Dramatics, etc.
- Social Work – Could be teaching an economically weak child or interning with an NGO for a social cause.
- Writing a few Research Papers
- Exams like – SAT, ACT, SIA (Youth Scholarship) SAT 2, IELTS, and TOFEL, etc.
Did you Know?
- 6,20,156 Indian students went abroad in the last academic year (excluding the UK)
- A total of 37,540 Indian students received a Tier 4 (study) visa in 2019, as against 19,479 in 2018.
- Around 14% of all international students in Canada are comprised of the Indian population.
- Out of the two million students who take the test every year, only about 500 get the highest possible SAT score.
Top 5 Countries to Study Abroad
1. The United States: The USA international student market is estimated at over 51 billion Euros, ranking number 1 as a study abroad destination. This value is mostly generated by students coming from China, India, Korea, Canada, and Japan.
2. The United Kingdom: The UK, where the international studies market is estimated at over 5.3 billion Euros sees a majority of students from China, India, Germany, the United States, and Ireland.
3. Australia: A total market value of over 3.1 billion EUR is generated by international students, this value is mostly created by students from China, India, Indonesia, South Korea, and Canada. International students in Australia can work up to 20 hours a week and after graduation, they can also benefit from a post-study work visa.
4. Germany: One of the economic powerhouses of Europe. It is also one of the best-known European destinations for free (or almost free) university tuition fees, Head to Munich to attend an internationally rated University without breaking the bank deposits, or Berlin to join the thriving tech hub and immerse yourself in the German take on hipster culture.
5. Canada: Toronto ranked recently as the most desirable city for students, among an impressive three Canadian cities in total to make the top 15. With cities this attractive it is no wonder that 6.5% of students in post-secondary education in Canada come from abroad.
International Education is as deep as an ocean. The more you explore, the more you have left unanswered. To know more such facts and details on profile building and evaluation, feel free to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.I know exactly what you are thinking now parents :)… don’t stress much. let the specialists do the job for you…!! Your child’s dream is our dream after all….
Signing off. the ABC way…
Leave a comment
Undergrad in India or Abroad
If parents could grow their IQ each time they got worried about their children, most of them would leave behind Einstein!! As soon as children cross Middle School, looking for the right answers/ choices becomes a daily ritual for parents. The process starts with which stream to choose, what career choices to make, whether to […]
CAREER IN FINTECH
Now, more than ever, business leaders must concentrate on the experience of the consumer. Today, companies are searching for better ways of using technology to enhance their goods, services, and processes. Corporations can fulfill customer and company needs for convenience and personalization through innovation. What exactly is FinTech? FinTech is a short form of Financial […]
THEORY MADE EASY
This topic drives me down memory lane, to the time, when I had opted for Commerce in Class XI and had outrightly rejected Humanities; assuming like many others my age, that Humanities was all about hardcore theory, theory, and more theory. But soon in Class XI, I sadly realized that Business Studies was also a […]
CAREER IN FINANCE
If finance and numbers capture your interest and if the first page you open in a newspaper is Finance & Economics, then a career in finance might be right for you. To help you make a decision, we have created this article to give you a comprehensive guide for understanding and pursuing a career in […]
Online Education VS Traditional Education
Thanks to the new villain on the block, the guy who plays the deadly virus – COVID-19, online education has been trending every minute. Not just educational institutes but also big and small companies are offering online programs to their employees. Despite the soaring popularity of online education, vast groups of people still consciously stay […]
MY EXPERIENCES (अनुभव) IN A TIER 2 CITIES
Nostalgic is how I feel, as I sit to jot my experiences for this blog. With more than 15 years of experience as an Educationist/ Trainer/ Public speaker/Mentor (you may have known me as any of these), I had taken more than 1000 seminars in Delhi/NCR, yet kept feeling this strong urge to spread my […]
Career options without mathematics
“Some of the greatest ideas of all times have come to people during math class, most of which had nothing to do with math” It is a widespread belief, especially in India, that you need to study mathematics after school to ensure a good career. But what if you aren’t good at the subject, what […]