- CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- SKILL SET
- ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Unani Doctor is a professional physician who has acquired the knowledge of medicine from the school of Homeopathy. As an Unani doctor, you will diagnose patients, give them Unani medication (only approved as per Homeopathy and recognised by Indian medical association).
However, you cannot prescribe any modern-day medicine nor can you perform allopathic surgeries. You will be as good a doctor as an allopathic doctor but with different sets of procedures and treatment.
- Government jobs in Hospitals, Dispensaries (State/Central/Local)
- Nursing homes/Clinics/Health departments
- Unani Medical colleges/ Academic jobs (Teaching in U.G./PG institutions)
- Research institutes and medical colleges as research officers (Scientist)/ Researchers)
- Private practice/self employment
- Research establishments (Central, State, Private Institutions)
- Management and administration (Government and Private)
- Drug manufacturing Units (Government, Private, Autonomous, Cooperative sectors)
- Drug control Sector (State and Central Government)
- Unani Pharmaceutical Companies
- Clinical Trials Laboratories (Pharmaceuticals)
- National Health Mission (NHM)
- Medical Tourism
- Third Party Administrator (TPA) in insurance sector
- Unani Speciality Centres
- National AYUSH Mission
|AMU - Aligarh Muslim University||Aligarh|
|Kerala University of Health Sciences||Thrissur|
|Jamia Hamdard University||Hamdard Nagar, Delhi|
|Al-Farooq Unani Medical College||Indore, Madhya Pradesh|
|Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Bihar University - BRABU||Muzzafarpur, Bihar|
|Dawakhana Tibbiya College||Tamil Nadu|
|Deoband Unani Medical College||Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Dr. Abdul Haq Unani Medical College and Hospital||Andhra Pradesh|
|Eram Unani Medical College and Hospital||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|Government Unani Medical College||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
- A thorough knowledge of the concepts involved in Unani medicine.
- Complete understanding of the manufacture of Unani medicine and the ingredients that go into it.
- High level of Research Skills
- Diagnostic skills to be able to grasp the patient’s symptoms
- The ability to transform the diagnosis to effective treatment
- Prescribe medicines; administer treatment, therapy, medication, messaging as per Unani Medical School.
- Advice on physical exercises, diets and other related aspects for helping a patient recover from illness or disorder.
- Address concerns or answer questions that patients have about their health and well being
- Collect, record and maintain patient information ,including medical history, reports or examination results
- Ensure the safety of patients and guest throughout the day and night
- Organize and participate in health day organized at the Anganwadi Centre
- Class XII Science stream with PCM