- CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- COLLEGES IN INDIA
- COLLEGES IN ABROAD
- SKILL SET
- ROLES & RESPONSIBILITITES
Retail Management is a career which involves endorsing final goods to increase customer satisfaction and increasing sales by understanding the needs and demands of the customers.
The customers come and buy the products they need from the retail stores and the retail manager is the one who manages all the demands of the customers. It opens up doors of opportunities in various fields such as administrative, marketing, sales, merchandise shipment, etc.
Retail managers view everything as to how a store works, from all the back end functions such as buying merchandise, etc to sales such as customer service etc.
A student of retail management would study about retailing, marketing, advertisement, administration, international retailing, etc. Retail management is the perfect job for those who are interested in marketing, marketing research, merchandising, advertising etc.
Bachelors in any discipline (at least 50% marks)
Bachelor in any discipline (at least 50% marks)
- Pursue MBA in retail management
- Pursue Diploma (post graduate) in retail management
- Departmental Stores
|Indian Institute of Management||Ahmedabad|
|Indian Institute of Management||Bangalore|
|Advance Institute of Management and Technology (AIMT)||Delhi|
|University of Mumbai||Mumbai|
|University of Delhi||Delhi|
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies||Mumbai|
|Xavier Institute of Management||Mumbai|
|Symbiosis Institute of Management||Pune|
|London Business School||United Kingdom|
|Harvard University||United States|
|Copenhagen Business School||Denmark|
|Stanford University||United States|
|London School of Economics and Political Science||United Kingdom|
|University of Hong Kong||Hong Kong|
- Effective Communication Skills
- Organization Skills
- Sales Leadership.
- Customer Service.
- People Management.
- Inter personal Skills
- Multi –tasking
- Decision making
- Business Awareness
- Information Technology
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Problem solving Skills
- Team Building
- Listening Skills
- Class XII with any stream
- A candidate must have passed class 12th or equivalent with at least 50% marks including English as one of the subjects.
- An aspirant needs to be a graduate in any discipline with at least 50% marks
- An aspirant needs to crack exams like CAT, MAT, XAT, etc. in order to get into a management course at Masters Level.
- Customer Relationship Management
- Department Manager
- Sales Promoter
- Retail Merchandiser
- Retail Executive
- Retail Operations
- Retail Associates
- Copywriter-Fashion, sports
- Job of retail managers involves attending to customer needs, finance, accounting, sales, etc. of the retail stores.
- Managing the finished products in accordance with the demands of the customers.
- Directly involved in managing of the retail outlet or the store from back end functioning to the front sales.
- After the completion of the MBA in retail management one can also get into the education sector wherein they can become teacher at a college.
- Work of retail managers is spread across various domains wherein they are majorly involved in managing of the outlet or the store.
- Retail managers have to ensure that the staff gives excellent service and that the customers are happy