PLASTIC AND RUBBER TECHNOLOGY
- SKILL SET
- ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The department of Rubber & Plastics Technology shall strive to be a globally renowned department known for its academic excellence, professionalism and social responsibilities. Various areas such as agriculture, telecom, transportation and construction depend largely upon rubber and plastic. In conjunction, since all these areas mentioned are on constant expansion, the growth in rubber and plastic industry is obvious.
The aim is to impart high technical knowledge, practical skill, leadership qualities, ethical skill, leader and foster creative entrepreneurial skill to become a demand based solution provider in the field of Rubber and Plastics Technology
|University College of Science & Technology, Calcutta University||Kolkata|
|Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra||Ranchi|
|Maharashtra Institute of Technology||Pune|
|Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science||Chennai|
|Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology (CIPET)||Chennai|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Delhi|
|Madras Institute of Technology||Chennai|
LD College of Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology
Madras Institute of Technology,
Gujarat Technological University
Cochin University of Science and Technology
- Coordination Skills
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Operation and process analysis Skills
- Quality Control analysis
- Inter personal Skills
- Visualization Skills
- Monitoring Skills
- Team work Skills
- Technical Skills
- Active listening Skills
- Problem solving Skills
- Decision making Skills
- Mathematical Reasoning ability
- Clear Class XII in science stream with physics, chemistry and mathematics as core subjects.
- Product development Engineer
- Process Engineer
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Packaging technologist
- Rubber Technologist(Product and Application Engineer)
- Rubber Technologist (Process Engineering)
- Coordinating with other materials engineer to develop new products.
- Plan and prepare all the different specifications of plastic processes and execute them for maintaining optimal quality as well as designing control plans.
- Evaluate all the alternatives to the plastic resin to make sure the production process within the budget.
- Test, design and analyze related products and analyze their strength and durability.
- Make improvements in plastic and rubber products to increase efficiency.
- Performing investigations and finding out ways to optimize coating formula.
- Provide support to all other equipment’s so as to increase the productivity of all associated processes.
- Conducting root cause analysis of all injection molding
- Analyzing data and conducting various studies to develop technical reports.
- Keeping themselves updating and conducting research.
- Ensuring the raw materials being mixed with the right chemical mix and the processes are being conducted correctly.
- Testing the products before distributing them to clients.
- Overlooking daily plant operations and coordinating with the operations teams.
- Developing flow charts and diagrams for various processes to get the finished product of the raw materials.
- Experimenting and finding new ways to improve existing quality and attempting to break into new markets.
- Interacting with control room technicians to improve safety measures and prevent workplace hazards.