- CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- SKILL SET
- ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Physics as a science involves the study of force, motion and energy. It is one of the oldest disciplines of science which open doors to various career opportunities in the field of research and development, climate and weather change, military, healthcare etc.
It is one of the most fundamental aspects of the science which is about studying universe behavior with career opportunities for the students not only in engineering but in other fields also such as nuclear physics, meteorology, astronomy etc.
A student of physics studies about atomic and molecular physics, thermal physics, statistical physics and many more subjects from which they can choose their area of interest for research.
A career in Physics requires one to have strong logical thinking skills, problem-solving capability and a methodical approach.
- Astrophysics & Astronomy
- Gravity Researcher
- Fluid Physics
- Forensic Science
- Particle Physicist
- Games designer
- Sound engineer
|Indian Institute of Science||Bengaluru|
|Indian Institute of Science Education and Research||Multiple Locations|
|Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST)||Thiruvananthapuram|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Bombay|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Madras|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Guwahati|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Hyderabad|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Delhi|
|St. Stephen’s College, University of Delhi||Delhi|
|Hansraj College, University of Delhi||Delhi|
|Banaras Hindu University||Varanasi|
|St. Xavier’s College||Mumbai|
|St. Xavier’s College||Kolkata|
- Attention to detail
- Good Study Habits
- Curiosity to learn
- Technical Knowledge
- Good imagination power
- Planning and scheduling
- Intellectual skills
- Organization and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Mathematics & Physics
- Problem-Solving & Scientific Reasoning
- Class XII with at least 50% marks with PCM.
- Applied Physicist
- Computational Physicist
- Material Physicist
- Medical Physicist
- Space Physicist
- Condensed matter Physicist
- Physicists in academics may work as college faculties- teaching classes and performing research in a wide range of areas.
- Research program in physics can be carried out in various related domains where you have to determine hypothesis, conduct experiments, and draw conclusions.
- Physicists analyse and interpret the research data and results.
- They are involved in work using radioactive equipment’s and facilities.
- Physics Engineers do jobs in nuclear sciences, computing etc. The work role involves solving complex technological issues.
- Physicists are expected to work in energy sector, especially the renewable energy sector. Physicists have to collaborate with other experts to establish the most effective and efficient method of sourcing renewable energy.
- They develop mathematical models and simulations to explain the behavior of matter and energy