- CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- SKILL SET
- ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Optometry is a healthcare profession that is autonomous, educated, and regulated (licensed/registered), and optometrists are the primary healthcare practitioners of the eye and visual system who provide comprehensive eye and vision care, which includes refraction and dispensing, detection/diagnosis and management of disease in the eye, and the rehabilitation of conditions of the visual system.
Optometry is a satisfying career in medical courses in various ways. It is a dynamic and challenging career that offers self-awareness, work flexibility, community respect, money related achievement & unlimited opportunities.
Bachelor of Optometry is an undergraduate program concerning eye care. Optometry is the science of eye care including eye examination, diagnosis, treatment and management of diseases and disorders of the visual system. It is a vision care science. Bachelor of Optometry is a four-year course containing three years of learning and a year of internship in clinical experience.
- Sc. in Optometry
- Bachelors in Optometry
- Diploma in Optometry
- Master of Optometry
- Master of Science
- D. Doctorate in Optometry
- Optics Professor
- Dental and Ophthalmic Laboratory Technicians
- Vision Technicians
- College of Optometry & Ophthalmic Sciences, Nasik
- Lotus College of Optometry, Mumbai
- Bharati Vidyapeeth School of Optometry, Pune.
- Vidyasagar Eye Care and Research Center, West Bengal.
- Sharda University, Noida
- SRM University .Kanchipuram
|Rajiv Gandhi Paramedical Institute||New Delhi|
|Elite School of Optometry (ESO)||Chennai|
|Bausch & Lomb School of Optometry, L.V. Prasad Eye Institute||Hyderabad|
|Jamia Hamdard University||New Delhi|
|Vidyasagar College of Optometry & Vision Science(West Bengal university of technology)||Kolkata|
|Manipal College of Allied Health Sciences||Manipal|
|School of Optometry, Gandhi Eye Hospital||Aligarh|
- College : College of Optometry & Ophthalmic Sciences, Nasik
- Course: sc in optometry
- Duration : 4 years ( 3 years college+ 1 yr. internship)
- Eligibility: 12th passed with min 50% marks and minimum age of 17 years.
- College : Lotus College of Optometry, Mumbai
- Course : BSc in optometry
- Duration:3 yrs.
- Eligibility :10+2 passed science stream with min 60% marks in PCM/PCB and minimum 50% in English
- College : Bharati Vidyapeeth School of Optometry, Pune
- Course:Bachelor in Clinical Optometry
- Duration:3 years
- Eligibility criteria: Higher Secondary Examination (10+2 course) or its equivalent with minimum 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology OR Mathematics and English.
- Candidates completed a Diploma course of minimum two years duration in Optometry from an Institute recognized by Indian Optometric Association and Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University).
- College: Vidyasagar Eye Care and Research Center, West Bengal
- Course :BSc
- Duration:3 yrs.
- Eligibility Criteria : Passed 10+2 Higher Secondary Examinations from a recognized Board/University in Science Stream
- Subject combination eligibility : Physics + Chemistry + Biology and/or Mathematics
- Communication skills (Since Optometrists are principally dealing with patients, strong communication skills are critical)
- A professional attitude
- Attention for detail (Optometrists require an eye for detail)
- Organizational skills
- A desire to help people
- A caring and compassionate nature.
- An understanding and comprehension of biology and physiology.
- The technical skill to operate a variety of optometry equipment
- The ability to perform detailed and precise work
- Examine the vision of the patients of all ages
- Check for near/far sightedness, eye coordination, colour differentiation or diseases like glaucoma, cataract, diabetes, etc.
- Prescribe spectacles, contact lenses or medication when required
- Recommend tests for accurate treatment
- Remain updated on the recent research and discoveries
- Communicate with empathy and care
- Manage case histories and accounts of the patients
- Coordinate properly with the staff members
- Perform duties in line with the ethical standards