- CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- SKILL SET
- ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Nanotechnology is the engineering of functional systems at the molecular scale. It is the branch of technology that deals with dimensions and tolerances of less than 100 nanometres, especially the manipulation of individual atoms and molecules.
In its original sense, 'nanotechnology' refers to the projected ability to construct items from the bottom up, using techniques and tools being developed today to make complete, high performance products. Nanotechnology is a research field engaged in finding out new structures and studying the properties of nano particles.
- Tech Mechanical Engineering with Specialization in Material Science & Nano Technology
- B-tech (Nanotechnology)
- Electronics/semiconductor industry
- Materials science including textiles, polymers, packaging
- Auto and aerospace industries
- Sporting goods
- Medical fields and pharmaceuticals
- Environmental monitoring, control, and remediation
- Food science including quality control and packaging
- University and federal lab research
- Military and national security
- Energy capture and storage
|S.R.M University: Department of Physics and Nanotechnology||Uttar Pradesh|
|University of Petroleum and Energy Studies||Dehradun|
|Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University||New Delhi|
- Creative Thinking
- Strategic Planning
- Decision making
- Problems Solving
- Sound Analytical Skills
- Updated and using relevant Knowledge
- Good background of Physics and Chemistry
- Organizing ,planning and Prioritizing tasks
- Interpreting data and information
- An open, enquiring and scientific bent of mind.
- Clear 10 +2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects.
- Nano biotechnology/Nano biology
- Nanomaterial and Nano particles
- Nanophysics and Nano photonics
- Micro and Nano fluidic devices
- Nano electronics
- Medicinal and Nano biochemistry
- Supervise or provide technical direction to technicians engaged in nanotechnology research or production.
- Install nanotechnology production equipment at customer or manufacturing sites
- Contribute written material or data for grant or patent applications
- Produce images or measurements, using tools or techniques such as atomic force microscopy, scanning electron microscopy, optical microscopy, particle size analysis, or zeta potential analysis
- Prepare detailed verbal or written presentations for scientists, engineers, project managers, or upper management
- Prepare capability data, training materials, or other documentation for transfer of processes to production.
- Develop or modify wet chemical or industrial laboratory experimental techniques for Nano scale use.
- Collect or compile nanotechnology research or engineering data.
- Inspect or measure thin films of carbon nanotubes, polymers, or inorganic coatings, using a variety of techniques or analytical tools
- Implement new or enhanced methods or processes for the processing, testing, or manufacture of nanotechnology materials or products.
- Design or conduct experiments, in collaboration with scientists or engineers, supportive of the development of nanotechnology materials, components, devices, or systems.
- Analyze the life cycle of nanomaterial or Nano-enabled products to determine environmental impact.
- Compare the performance or environmental impact of nanomaterial by nanoparticle size, shape, or organization
- Monitor hazardous waste cleanup procedures to ensure proper application of Nano composites or accomplishment of objectives
- Process nanoparticles or nanostructures, using technologies such as ultraviolet radiation, microwave energy, or catalysis