- CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- COLLEGES IN INDIA
- COLLEGES IN ABROAD
- SKILL SET
- ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Musicians create music. They compose, conduct, sing, perform music in different styles. They are skilled artists who dedicate their life to music and its composition by playing a variety of instruments. They may work on their own, as freelancers or in collaboration with others. Competition in the field of music is high and musicians need to dedicate hours of practice to maintain and develop their skill, whatever their preferred style.
The common elements of music are pitch (which governs melody and harmony), rhythm (and its associated concepts tempo, meter, and articulation), dynamics (loudness and softness), and the sonic qualities of timbre and texture (which are sometimes termed the "colour" of a musical sound).
- Disc Jockey
- Sound Engineer/Audio Engineer
- Sound Technologist
Bengal Music school , Kolkata.
- Course:Mus (Honours) , B.Mus (General) , B.A/B.Sc(elective).
- Duration: 3 yrs
Hindu College, Delhi.
- Course : A.(hons) Karnatak Music Vocal/Instrument al (Veena/Violin).
- Duration:3 yrs.
- Eligibility criteria: An Aggregate of 45% marks in the qualifying examination determined on the basis of one language (core/ elective), music and two more elective /academic subjects.
Madras music academy, Chennai .
- Course: vocal music
- Duration: 4 yrs
- Eligibility criteria: Candidate must pass 12th with minimum 60% marks and
- have basic knowledge of music .
Daulat Ram College , Delhi .
- Course:A.(hons) Hindustani music
- Duration:3 yrs
Eligibility criteria: An Aggregate of 45% marks in the qualifying examination determined on the basis of one language (core/ elective), music and two more elective /academic subjects.
|Visva Bharati, Birbhum (West Bengal)||West Bengal|
|Ramjas College, New Delhi||Delhi|
|Banaras Hindu University||Banaras|
|Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata (West Bengal)||West Bengal|
|AR Rahman's KM Music Conservatory||Chennai|
|University of Mumbai, Department of Music||Mumbai|
|Juilliard School||United States|
|University of Music and Performing Arts||Austria|
|Royal College of Music||United Kingdom|
|University of California, Berkeley||California|
|Guildhall School of Music and Drama||United Kingdom|
- Motivation, determination and perseverance.
- Confidence in performing before an audience.
- Stamina and dedication
- Reliability and flexibility
- Team work
- Self-discipline and Responsibility
- Memory and Concentration
- Good Communication Skills
- Clear 10+2 education in any stream from a recognized educational Board.
- Preferably, Music as an elective subject at 10+2 level
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at 10+2 level
- Basic proficiency in Music.
- Historical musicology
- Cultural musicology or ethnomusicology
- Music theory, analysis and composition
- Music psychology
- Performance practice and research
- Compose music for recording in a studio or perform in front of live audience
- Practice and rehearse regularly to maintain the melody in the voice
- Gain expertise in different genres of music as well as in playing instrument(s)
- Promote one's music through internet or by performing at different venues
- Work as a single or in a band, chorus or orchestra
- Guide the upcoming talents with one's own knowledge and experience
- Produce music for the film industry
- Be self-confident and highly motivated to overcome the struggling period