- CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- COLLEGES IN INDIA
- COLLEGES IN ABROAD
- SKILL SET
- ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Museology involves managing and administrating museums. Museology includes aspects of archeology, history, research and archiving. As a Museologist, you can work in museums, the work profile includes the combination of research, administration, and public relations. You can work both in the private/government sectors, museums, and galleries. Museology can be interesting to those students who are interested in fields like history, science of preserving and conserving museum collections.
- Museum Educationists
- Exhibition Coordinators
|National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation and Museology||New Delhi|
|Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda||Vadodara|
|University of Calcutta||Kolkata|
|Banaras Hindu University||Varanasi|
|Aligarh Muslim University||Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh|
|University of San Francisco||United States|
|Harvard University||United States|
|University of Florida||United States|
|George Washington University||United States|
|University of East Anglia||United Kingdom|
|Kingston University||United Kingdom|
|Arizona State University||United States|
|University of Leicester||United Kingdom|
- Analytical skills
- Interpreting data and information
- Communication skills
- Creativity skills
- Informative skills
- Assessing and evaluating skills
- Handling skills
- Managing and Supervising skills
- Problem solving skills
- Consultation skills
- Informative skills
- Class 12th with any stream
- Class 12th or Senior Secondary Examination with at least 50% marks including English
- Graduate degree from a recognized university in any of the following subjects, History, Geography, Anthropology, Archaeology or related disciplines with minimum 50% marks
- Museum Curator
- Museum Technician
- Museum Administrator
- Museum Registrar
- Exhibit Content Developer/Writer
- Managing the activities happening in museums on daily basis.
- Planning, Organizing and Executing important events and exhibitions in the museums.
- Deciding which artifact to display, arrange them, label them, writing the relevant information about it.
- Organizing film trips and publications, guided tours, school visits, traveling exhibitions etc.
- Making decisions about the purchases of rare and new collections for museum enrichment, deciding which art objects have to be identified, examined, cleaned, preserved, displayed or stored, and maintaining the record of each item (origin, age and conservation details).