MECHANICAL AND AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING
- CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- ENTRANCE EXAMS
- COLLEGES IN INDIA
- COLLEGES IN ABROAD
- SKILL SET
- ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Mechanical Engineers are solution providers for development of processes and products that range from tiny component designs to mega manufacturing plants. Likewise, automobile engineers design, facilitate and develop designs of vehicles like cars and motorbikes.
Coming from very diverse disciplines of engineering, mechanical/automobile engineers can work right from inception stage, R&D of their product to its final commissioning. They take care of the mechanical, electronic, electric, software and safety elements during the manufacturing.
- B Tech in Mechanical/ Automobile Engineering for 4 years
- M Tech for 2-3 years
- Analysis and testing
- Maintenance of Aircraft or Missiles
- Structural engineering
- Aesthetic Compatibility
|Joint Entrance Examination Main (JEE Main)|
|Joint Entrance Examination Advanced (JEE Advanced)|
|Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission (BITSAT)|
|Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE)|
|University of Delhi Combined Entrance Exam (DU-CET)|
|Consortium Medical, Engineering & Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK)|
|SRM University Engineering Exam (SRMUEE)|
|Manipal University Online Entrance Exam (MU-OEE)|
|Indraprastha University Common EntranceTest (IPUCET)|
|Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMUCET)|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Multiple Locations|
|Birla Institute of Technology||Pilani, Mesra|
|National Institute of Technology, Calicut||Calicut|
|National Institute of Technology||Silchar|
|National Institute of Technology||Surathkal|
|National Institute of Technology, Bhopal||Bhopal|
|Vellore Institute of Technology||Chennai|
|Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad||Dhanbad|
|Sri Ramaswamy Memorial University (SRM)||Multiple Locations|
|Pandit Deen Dayal Petroleum University||Gandhinagar|
|International Institute of Information Technology||Hyderabad|
|Maharashtra Institute of Technology||Pune|
|Madras Institute of Technology||Chennai|
|University of Manchester||Manchester, United Kingdom|
|University of Bristol||City of Bristol, United Kingdom|
|University of Edinburgh||Edinburgh, United Kingdom|
|University College London||London, United Kingdom|
|Imperial College London||London, United Kingdom|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology||United States|
|Stanford University||United States|
|Harvard University||United States|
|National University of Singapore||Singapore|
|California Institute of Technology||United States|
|University of Michigan||United States|
|University of Toronto||Canada|
|Purdue University||United States|
- Cognitive and Communication Skills
- Technical Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Detail oriented
- Creativity Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Evaluation Skills
- Leadership and Teamwork Skills
- Math and Computer Skills
- Develop design calculations
- Identify potential design improvements
- Knowledgeable in the machining and fabrication process
- Clear Class XII with Science Stream with Maths
- Most colleges have eligibility criteria of minimum 50% aggregate marks in Class XII and some of minimum 60%
- Must have passed class 12thor senior secondary examination with at least 50% marks including English
- Some exams require JEE score as minimum eligibility
- Some colleges/ universities also have an age limit
- Automobile Designer
- Automobile Technician
- Automobile Manager
- Automobile Engineer
- Structural Engineer
- Perform engineering activities in planning and designing tools, engines and other mechanically functioning equipment’s.
- Develop, test and evaluate theoretical designs.
- Discuss and solve complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers.
- Monitor and commission plant and systems.
- Develop, coordinate, or monitor all aspects of production or operation of product designs.
- Investigate into equipment failures and recommend remedial measures.
- Develop or test models of alternate designs or processing methods to assess feasibility, sustainability, operating conditions, potential new applications, or necessity of modification.
- Research and analyse customers designing proposals, manuals, or other data to evaluate the, cost, or maintenance requirements of designs or applications
- Estimate costs or submit bids for engineering, construction, or extraction works.