INDIAN ECONOMICS SERVICES
- COURSE DETAILS
- SKILL SETS
- SPECIALISATION TRACKS
- ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Indian Economic Service (IES) is an administrative inter-ministerial civil service under group A of the central civil services of the Government of India.
In IES, one undertakes economic analysis and render information for designing and formulating developmental policies, also monitoring and evaluating various public programs.
As it is inter-ministerial therefore the IES officers serve in diverse areas such as policy making, rural developments, social sector, industry, trade etc.
Apart from this, IES officers also go for deputation to serve in UN bodies, foreign government, state government etc. Recruitment is based on All India Open Competitive Examination called as IES examination, conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics/ Applied Economics/ Business Economics/ Econometrics for 3 years
- Masters of Arts in Economics/ Applied Economics/ Business Economics/ Econometrics for 2 years
- UPSC IES examination
- Bachelors of Arts in any related discipline eg- economics, statistics, Mathematics etc.
- Masters of arts in Economics/ Applied Economics/ Business Economics/ Econometrics for 2 years
- Appear for UPSC IES examination
TOP INSTITUTES IN INDIA
|University of Delhi||Delhi|
|Madras Christian College||Chennai|
|Banaras Hindu University||Varanasi|
|Jai Hind College||Mumbai|
|St. Xavier’s College||Mumbai|
|Mithibai College of Arts||Mumbai|
|University of Calcutta||Calcutta|
TOP INSTITUTES IN THE WORLD
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology||United States|
|Harvard University||United States|
|Stanford University||United States|
|University of Cambridge||United Kingdom|
|University of California, Berkeley||United States|
|University College London||United Kingdom|
|University of Tokyo||Japan|
|Princeton University||United States|
|National University of Singapore||Singapore|
|University of Melbourne||Australia|
|Yale University||United States|
- Active Learning skills
- Active Listening skills
- Communication skills
- Coordination skills
- Critical Thinking skills
- Directing skills
- Good Instructor
- Judgment and Decision making
- Managing Finance resources
- Managing Human resources
- Comprehensive skills
- Service orientation skills
- Supervising skills
- Time Management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Class XII with any stream with/without economics (Mathematics is compulsory)
- A post graduate degree in Economics/ Applied Economics/ Business Economics/ Econometrics is required.
- Age should be between 21 years to 30 years
- Research Officer
- Senior Research Officer
- Deputy Economic Adviser
- Senior Economic Adviser
- Chief Economic Adviser
- Role of the service can be broadly categorized in terms of economic advice, economic administration, implementation of development policy and programmes, besides dealing with other areas such as economic reforms, regulation etc.
- IES officers are exposed to various sectors of government functioning and they provide link and continuity in policy making.
- Economic Advisers are required to be associated with and involved in the economic reforms in the Ministry/ Department, to which they are posted.
- IES officers provide inputs to Departments on all policy related matters, their implementation and evaluation as well.