GRAPHIC AND WEB DESIGNER
- CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- SKILL SETS
- ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Graphic Design in simple words, deals with aesthetically creating visual designs with the aid of computer to convey a message to the viewers. In other words, Graphic Design is an artistic and professional discipline that focuses on visual communication and presentation toward the goal of delivering a message or creating a product. Graphic design is a part of marketing campaign that involves visual communication.
Web designing is an integral and significant part of the IT industry. Today, it is a promising career option. Web design services are being applied in almost every walk of life be it industries, business, education both in private and public sectors. In this era, most of the organizations already have their own websites and many more feel it essential to host websites and make their presence felt in the World Wide Web. There are even companies that have their own in house web team as a professionally designed web site has become as necessary as that of an accounting department. This has increased the demand for web designing professionals.
- Graphic Designer
- Art Director
- Creative Director.
- Graphic Artist/Designer
- Creative Developer
- Art Development Trainee
- Product or Industrial Designer
- Visual Effects specialist
- Multimedia Artist
- Film and Video Editing Intern
- Web Content Manager
- Applications Developer
- Marketing Manager
- Des. in Graphic Design
- Des.in Communication Design(Graphic Design)
- Des.in Communication and Media Design
- Des.in Graphic and Animation Design
- Sc.in Design
- Sc. in Multimedia, Animation and Graphic Design
- Bachelor of Graphic and Web Designing
- Certificate Graphic Design
- National Institute of Design , Ahmedabad
- The MIT Art, Design and Technology University, Pune Maharashtra
- Arena Navi Mumbai
- Srishti Institute of Art, Design and technology
- School Of Design, UPES Dehradun
- Institute of Web Technology, Kochi
- Acharya School of Design, Bangalore
College- National Institute of Design , Ahmedabad
Course- B.Des. In Graphic Design
Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility: Candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board. Candidates awaiting 10+2 results can also apply.
Admission Process: DAT followed by studio test
College- The MIT Art, Design and Technology University, Pune Maharashtra
Course: Graphic Design: (B.Des.)
Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility- The basic eligibility for admissions in the Bachelor of Design is 10+2 from any stream, (State Boards/AISSCE/ IB/ ISC) the students have to clear the admission process.
Admission Process- Design Aptitude Test followed by studio test & personal interview.
College- Srishti Institute of Art, Design and technology
Course- B.Des. In Visual Design
Duration -3 Years
Eligibility- Candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board. Candidates awaiting 10+2 results can also apply
Admission Process-SEAT Entrance test
College- School of Design ,UPES Dehradun
Course- B.Des. In graphic & Communication Design
Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility: Candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board. Candidates awaiting 10+2 results can also apply
Admission Process: UPES DAT
College- Institute of Web Technology, Kochi
Course- Expert in Web Design & Development
Duration- 14 months
Eligibility- Age 15+ years, with basic knowledge in computer operations. Logical reasoning& mathematics will be a great advantage
Admission process- Direct Interview
College- Acharya School of Design, Bangalore
Course- Bachelor of Visual Arts (BVA) - Graphic Design
Duration- 4 years
Eligibility - Pass in 10+2 / Higher Secondary or equivalent recognized board or council in any discipline" to be included
Admission Process-Marks Based and Entrance.
- Conceptual skills
- Management Skills
- Software skills
- Visual design.
- UX (user experience)
- Using coding software like HTML and CSS.
- Using design software like Photoshop and Illustrator.
- SEO (search engine optimisation), marketing and social media
- Combine art and technology to create images, logos, websites, advertisements, etc.
- Understand the needs of the client and then create designs accordingly
- Discuss the planned layout with art directors and the clients before implementing it
- Work with different software programmes
- Take decisions regarding the font, colour combination and other animations to make the product look attractive to the viewers
- Review the designs with the client and make the necessary amendments
- Promote an organisation's agenda by reaching out to the masses
- Use one's creativity and innovation to produce unique illustrations