- CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- COLLEGES IN INDIA
- COLLEGES IN ABROAD
- POST GRADUATE ENTRANCE
- ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Epidemiology is a discipline which studies how diseases occur to different groups of people and why do they occur. All the information regarding diseases is used to plan and develop strategies which is used to prevent illness.
Epidemiologists work as statisticians who work in government offices to find patterns in health related problems. Epidemiologists can be grouped into two categories- Research field and Clinical field.
Research epidemiologists conduct research as to develop strategies
that can eradicate or control infectious diseases. Clinical epidemiologists work in consulting roles at hospitals, informing the medical staff of infectious diseases and providing solutions to prevent illnesses.
- Survey Researchers & Statisticians
- Community Health workers
- Veterinary Epidemiologist
- Pharmaceutical Epidemiologist
- Molecular Epidemiologist
- Disaster Epidemiologist
- Supervisory Epidemiologist
- Infection Control Epidemiologist
- MBBS/BDS/MOT/MPT/BVS/AYUSH/Engineering/Pharmacy/Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy/Nursing/Veterinary Sciences for 3-5 years
- Bachelors in Public Health for 3 years
- Bachelors in Sociology/ Economics/ Psychology/ Nutrition/ Anthropology/Social Work for 3 years
- Must have passed class 12th or Senior Secondary Examination with at least 50% marks including English
|Birla Institute of Technology and Science||Pilani|
|Padmashree School of Public Health||Bangalore|
|Christian Medical College||Vellore|
|Central University of Kerala, School of Medicine and Public Health||Kasargode, Kerala|
|Jawaharlal Nehru University- School of Social Sciences, Centre of Social Medicine and Community Health||New Delhi|
|National Institute of Epidemiology||Chennai|
|MJRP College of Health Care and Allied Sciences||Jaipur|
|Savitribai Phule Pune University||Pune|
|Public Health Foundation of India||Delhi, Gandhinagar, Hyderabad|
|National Institute of Communicable Diseases (NICD)||New Delhi|
|Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research : School of Public Health||Chandigarh|
|Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)||Mumbai|
|University of California||Berkeley, United States|
|Harvard University||United States|
|George Washington University||United States|
|University of Florida||Florida, United States|
|Columbia University||United States|
|University of Birmingham||United Kingdom|
|University of Cambridge||United kingdom|
|CUCET - Global health, reproductive and sexual health, ecological, genetic, immunological determinants of health, Epidemiology of communicable and non-communicable diseases, health policy planning, fundamentals of toxicology, vector borne diseases, advocacy for public health, biostatistics, cell biology and global health diplomacy|
|CET - General Aptitude, Allied Health Sciences (Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Microbiology and Entomology), Public Health|
|TISS-NET - Social Sensitivity, Logical Reasoning, Analytical Ability, Knowledge on contemporary issues|
- Gathering medical and health related information, indepth research, analyzing data and presenting the findings.
- Designing & implementing strategies in order to treat public health problems.
- Management of initiatives taken to promote public health based on current research data and analysis.
- Development and improvement of public health strategies and methodology.