- CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- SKILL SETS
- SPECIALISATION TRACKS
- ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Development studies is an interdisciplinary branch of Social Sciences.
This is majorly emerging in the third world countries where they have topics and domains to cover under developmental studies.
Developmental studies is a theoretical, inclusive and soul searching enterprise. The primary focus of developmental studies is to study the improvement in people’s life. It helps you get insight into developmental theory, understanding of the structural issues and questions of development.
A student pursuing Developmental Studies would attend to various topics such as rural and urban development, philosophy of development research, law and development, women studies etc.
- Consulting Firms
- NGOs and Trusts
- Media Houses
- Government Organizations
Top Development Studies Institutes in India
|Tata Institute of Social Sciences||Mumbai|
|University of Delhi||Delhi|
|Madras Institute for development studies||Chennai|
|Jamia Milia Islamia||Delhi|
Top Development Studies Institutes in the World
|Harvard University||United States|
|University of Sussex||United Kingdom|
|London School of economics and political science||United Kingdom|
|The Australia national university||Australia|
|University of California, Berkeley||United States|
|University of Cape Town||South Africa|
|University of Toronto||Canada|
|University of Tokyo||Japan|
|Standford University||United states|
- Leadership and Communication
- Critical analysis and creative thinking
- Project Management
- Team work and Professional networking
- Research ,Writing and Communication
- Reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Class XII with any stream
- To get into a bachelor's program, one must have qualified 10+2 from a recognized board and obtained 55% marks
- Some Colleges at Master's level conduct entrance exams.
- Women’s Right Advocate
- Social Worker
- Development Worker
- Mental Health Practitioner
- Disaster Management Consultant
- Public Health/Epidemiologist
- Urban Policy and Government Analyst
- Labour Welfare Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility Professional
- A career in development studies involves being engaged in policy making decision, policy changes, evaluating it etc.
- It also involves working as a social worker and attending to the personal needs of the communities and understanding as well as solving the alleviating issues of the society.
- Journalistic developmental are directly involved in covering sensitive issues related to women, society and talk about the development of the nation.
- Governmental organizations also hire development studies students as they provide with suggestions and advices on better development of a nation by attending to various issues.
- A role of teacher of development studies is to attend to curriculum and impart their own knowledge and experience to the students.