CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT
- CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- SKILL SET
- ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Certified Public Accountant or CPA provides accounting services to the public and organizations. They are primarily involved in auditing and attesting procedures.
They are very well versed with the accounting principles, business and financial concepts, law, tax, etc. CPAs are hired by organizations in the role of finance manager, financial analyst, chief financial officer, etc.
There is an examination which is conducted by American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and is called as Uniform Certified Public Accountant Examination. In order to practice as a CPA, one need to pass the examination conducted by AICPA.
The CPAs are hired by various consulting firms, auditing firms, they can provide service in any area of finance broadly in corporate governance, financial accounting, estate planning etc.
- Public Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Financial Analysts
- Government Sector
- Corporate Accounting
- Tax Accounting
- Non-Profit Organizations
|American Institute of Certified Public Accountant (AICPA)||United States|
- Management and Leadership Strength
- Public speaking Competence
- Tax knowledge
- Business Expertise
- System abilities
- Good Communication Skills
- Additional auditing Training
- Time Management
- Analytical Skills
- Complex Problem solving
- Service Orientation
- Active Learning
- Class XII board examination passed with minimum 60 percentage, including English
- A bachelor’s & master’s degree in a field which is related to finance and accounting along with either Chartered Accountant or Company Secretary.
- Graduation or equivalent degree to pursue a CPA examination
- 150 semester hours of college course to earn a CPA license
- The job of CPA involves maintaining and auditing the financial records of the public or organizations.
- CPAs also come up with strategic ways for budgeting and using the money in the most efficient way possible.
- They act as a consultant in the areas of accounts, finances, budget, etc.
- CPAs also attend to tax related work wherein they make sure that the taxes are paid on time by analyzing financial information properly.
- It is a job of responsibility as they also have to report any form of fraudulent work, tax related issue or any other financial issue to the organization.