- CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- COLLEGES IN INDIA
- COLLEGES IN ABROAD
- ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- SUCCESS STORIES
Audiologist aka A hearing doctor.
If you have interest in treating people with health-related issues?
If you care for people, the medical profession is one of the noblest professions.
If you want to help people with hearing problems then this is the career you should pick.
As a audiology specialist you will diagnose any hearing loss or balance disorder.
You will fit hearing aid, maintain it and adjust it as per the need of your patient. You will also treat any balance disorder caused in the ear.
As an audiologist you will also work with the patients through hearing and speech rehabilitation programs.
Audiologist are not physicians but a specialist diagnosing the issues related to hearing and thus they do not prescribe any medicines nor do they perform any surgeries.
- Speech Therapist/ Audiologist
- Private Practitioner
- Teacher/Assistant Professor
- Speech Language Pathologist
|All India Institute of Speech and Hearing||Bangalore|
|University College of Medical Sciences and GTB Hospital Shahdara||Delhi|
|Tata Memorial Centre, Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI)||Mumbai|
|Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Punjab University||Chandigarh|
|Armed Forces Medical College, Maharashtra University of Health Sciences||Pune|
|Christian Medical College, Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University||Vellore|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal University||Mangalore|
|Maulana Azad Medical College, University of Delhi||Delhi|
|Grant Medical College, Maharashtra University of Health Sciences||Mumbai|
|University of Washington||Washington, USA|
|University of Southampthom||United Kingdom|
|University of Manchester||USA|
|Aston University||United Kingdom|
|Middlesex University London||United Kingdom|
|De Montfort University||England|
|Swansea University||United Kingdom|
Most college have eligibility criteria of minimum 50% aggregate marks in Class XII / and some of minimum 60%.
Must have passed class 12th or senior secondary examination with at least 50% marks including English.
Some colleges/ universities also have an age limit (17 at 31st December of the year of admission).
- Provide treatment to the patients suffering from ear related diseases
- Check for issues of hearing, balance and tinnitus problems
- Prescribe appropriate medication and treatment such as wax cleaning, hearing aids, cochlear implantation, etc.
- Help the clients in coping up with profound hearing loss through lip reading and sign language
- Be aware of the techniques and working of different hearing aids/machines
- Keep a regular check on the patients and their conditions
- Manage records of the patients in accordance with their progress
- Remain updated with new research work and discoveries
- Perform duties in line with the ethical standards
Primary Speciality : Audiology
Secondary Speciality : Speech therapy
Qualification : MA, DA, MA
Mohan Settu has served for the people in hearing and speech for almost 10 years in Coimbatore. He is now back to his native place an trying his best to help the poor with his skills and making lives of thousands of people better. He did his DA from Aarupadaiveedu Medical College, MA from Manipal University and again MA from Annamalai University. His primary speciality is in audiology while the secondary specialty is Speech Therapy. Therefore, he is helping a large number of people in both ways.
That’s All Folks