- CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- ENTRANCE EXAMS
- COLLEGES IN INDIA
- COLLEGES IN ABROAD
- SKILL SET
- ROLES & RESPONSIBILITITES
Architecture is both the process and the product of planning, designing, and constructing buildings and other physical structures.
An architect is a person who plans, designs, and oversees the construction of buildings.
To practice architecture means to provide services in connection with the design and construction of buildings and the space within the site surrounding the buildings that have as their principal purpose human occupancy or use.
- Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch.)
- Bachelor of Planning (B. Plan)
- Diploma in Architecture
- Diploma in Architecture Engineering
They work very closely with end users and clients to customize the designs to their needs and specifications. They make sure that these potential designs are safe, economical, functional and aesthetically pleasing. They often employ the use of Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software to diagram their designs and ensure their feasibility. They usually work on a project from start to finish and with lot of engineers and designers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Construction and Infrastructure Manager
- Design engineer
- Landscape architect
- Urban designer
- Historic buildings inspector/conservative officer
|College||Tentative Date||Important Elements|
|National Aptitude Test for Architecture (NATA)||April-August||Drawing, Aesthetic sensitivity|
|JEE Main (Paper 2)||April||Maths, Drawing, Aptitude|
|JEE Advanced||May||Physics, Chemistry, Maths|
|Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)||June||Freehand drawing, Geometrical Drawing, Three-dimensional perception, Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity, Architectural awareness|
|BITSAT||May||Physics, Chemistry, Maths, English and Logical Reasoning|
|Maharashtra Architecture Common Entrance Test (MH Arch CET)||May||Maths, Aptitude, Drawing|
COMEDK stands for Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges in Karnataka. It conducts Undergraduate Common Entrance Test (UGET) for the students who want to pursue undergraduate courses.
Who can apply for COMEDK?
Candidates who have passed their 10+2 with minimum 50% marks can apply for COMEDK.
The candidates who have qualified NATA or JEE Main can apply for COMEDK.
Satyabhama Entrance Exam
Satyabhama Institute of Science and Technology conducts an
entrance test for the students who want to pursue B.Arch.
Who can apply for Satyabhama Entrance Exam?
Candidates who have passed 10th / HSC / ICSE or equivalent exam with PCM with minimum 45% aggregate.
Candidates who have a valid score in NATA can also apply.
Council of Architecture (CoA) conducts National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA), to fill B.Arch. seats in the colleges of India. It is held twice a year in April and July.
Who can apply for NATA
Candidates who have passed class 12th with mathematics as the compulsory subject.
The candidates are required to score minimum of 50% aggregate in PCM. Other than this, candidates must have also secured more than 50% marks these subjects, individually.
The candidates must have passed 10+2 diploma examination with mathematics as compulsory subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- JEE-Mains (Physics, Chemistry, Math)
- JEE-Advanced (Physics, Chemistry, Math)
- AAT (Architecture Aptitude Test)?
Freehand drawing, Geometrical Drawing, Three-dimensional Perception, Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity, and Architectural awareness.
NIT, CFI & GFI And Private Colleges
JEE – Mains Paper 2
- Aptitude – 50
- Mathematics – 30
- Drawing - 25
Other Top Government And Private Colleges
|IITS||NITS||GFI & CFI||NATA|
|Kharagpur||Maulana Azad NIT Bhopal||BIT Mesra, Ranchi||Sir J J College of Architecture, Mumbai|
|Roorkee||NIT Calicut||School of Planning & Architecture Bhopal||CEPT, Ahmedadbad|
|NIT Hamirpur||School of Planning & Architecture Delhi||Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Technology (SVIT)|
|Malaviya NIT Jaipur||Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University , Katra , J&K||NMIMS University|
|Visvesvaraya NIT, Nagpur||School of Planning & Architecture, Vijayawada||Dehradun Institute of Technology|
|NIT Raipur||Mizoram University, Aizawl||Jawahar Lal Nehru Engineering College (JNEC)|
|NIT Patna||Chandigarh College of Architecture, Chandigarh||Chitkara School of Planning & Architecture|
|NIT Rourkela||Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT)|
|NIT Tiruchirappalli||L S Raheja School of Architecture|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology||United States|
|Bartlett School of Architecture, University College London||United Kingdom|
|University of California, Berkeley (UCB)||United States|
|Delft University of Technology||Netherlands|
|Harvard University||United States|
|National University of Singapore||Singapore|
|University of Cambridge||United Kingdom|
|The University of Tokyo||Japan|
|The University of Sydney||Australia|
|University of British Columbia||Canada|
- Designing talent
- Computer literacy
- Imaginative and creative thinking skills
- Ability to analyse and critically assess problems
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to see the big picture as well as giving attention to the smallest detail
Candidates must have obtained 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and also overall 50% aggregate score at 10+2 level.
- Residential Architect
- Landscape Architect
- Commercial or Public Architect
- Interior Design
- Industrial Architect
- Discussing about the aims, needs and financial plan of a project
- Formulating, designing and presenting possible plans & drawings to the client;
- Recommending to the client the functionality of their plans;
- Working within the given budget and time limit
- Bargaining with multiple service providers and contractors
- Managing the project and ensuring timely and proper functioning of service providers
- Supervise projects from its starting stage to its completion stage
- Frequent site visits to know about the development of the projects
- Solving complications and matters that surface during construction stage
- Ensuring that the ecological balance of the project is achieved